The true richness of our Active Adult Community in Arizona is the quality of the people who have chosen to make Tonto Verde their home. Whether you enjoy golf, hiking, biking, equestrian, fishing, tennis, cards, games, crafts, books, theater, concerts or sporting events, you'll find people who share your passion and an organized group for participation.
Tonto National Forest provides adventure! Our location, adjacent to McDowell Mountain Regional Park and the Tonto National Forest, the fifth largest forest in the United States, provides great adventure. Together they offer elevation changes from 1,300 to 7,900 feet and over 900 miles of forest and park system trails for hiking, biking or horseback riding. The lakes, rivers, trout streams and desert canyons of the Tonto National Forest offer outstanding recreational opportunities throughout the year.
The Tonto Verde Enrichment Committee provides a wide variety of educational and entertainment programs for all residents of Tonto Verde. Programs offered vary every year and include cooking classes, concerts, excellent speakers on a wide variety of topics, guided hikes, dancing lessons and more!
The Tonto Verde Social Committee works with our talented staff to provide outstanding parties and social events for the community. From Parties on the Patio, to Karaoke night, to Dance Parties, there's always something fun and interesting happening.
With its many amenities, Tonto Verde is Arizona's finest retirement golf community. It's more than a wise financial choice - it's a wonderful lifestyle choice. The Tonto Verde golf community offers you golf course living at its finest. With two distinctly different and challenging 18-hole championship golf courses, designed by Gary Panks and David Graham, our Arizona golf retirement community near Scottsdale, AZ is a desert gem with national recognition for its charm and playability. Both courses, the Peaks and the Ranch, are immaculately maintained and are known for being some of the finest greens in the valley.
A sample of this season's upcoming activities:
· Oktoberfest Buffet & Beer Garden: Wednesday, October 15th
· Health & Wellness Day: Saturday, October 25th
· Cardinals Football Game: Sunday, October 26th
· Member’s Mixer & Welcome Back Party: Saturday, November 1st
· Party on New Event Lawn: Thursday, November 6th
· Grant Tasting at Quiessencce: Friday, November 14th
· Chateau Ste Michelle Wine Dinner: Thursday, December 4th
· Spirit of Phoenix Christmas Show: Saturday, December 13th
· Wish Upon a Star New Year’s Eve Party: Wednesday, December 31st
· Accademe du Vin: Thursday, January 15th
· Cooking Class at Sur La Table: Monday, January 19th
· Terry Bradshaw Stand Up Comedy: Friday, January 23rd
· Tom Wojtas Concert & Pre-Theater Buffet: Friday, January 30th
· Insight Tour at Taliesin West: Friday, February 6th
· Music of John Denver & Pre-Theater Buffet: Friday, February 20th
· Disco Fever Dance Party: Thursday, February 26th
· Heard Museum Annual Indian Art Fair: Friday, March 6th
· Baseball Spring Training Game & Lunch: Monday, March 23rd
· Wine Dinner – Domaine Serene: Thursday, March 16th
· Party on New Event Lawn: Thursday, April 2nd
· Easter Brunch: Sunday, April 4th
· Queen Creek Olive Mill Tour & Lunch: Wednesday, April 8th
· Academe du Vin: Thursday, April 23rd
· Mother’s Day Brunch: Sunday, May 10th
· Wine Dinner – Dry Creek: Thursday, May 14th
· Door County Fish Boil: Saturday, May 23rd
· ….more event to come – please check back often!